Bord Bia’s Bloom Festival 2018Ireland’s premier garden festival, Bloom once again delivers highly creative gardens and plant displays to inspire visitors from all over the country.
Around 119,000 people attended Bord Bia’s Bloom festival at the Phoenix Park, Dublin over the June bank holiday weekend. Tara McCarthy, CEO of Bord Bia, the organisation that created Bloom, commented, ‘Since our first Bloom event in 2007, we have welcomed over one million visitors to experience the best of Ireland. Bord Bia is proud of how our Bloom festival has blossomed and continues to showcase our world-class horticulture and food sectors, both of which play a significant and sustainable role in Ireland’s story and economy.’
Bloom 2018 facts
- Bloom had their one millionth visitor!
- Almost a third of exhibitors within the Food Village were new to Bloom and a third of the Craft Village retailers were new companies and/or new to Bloom!
- More than 20,000 plants left in the Plant Creche to be cared for while they enjoyed the festival.
- Three quarters of a tonne of strawberries were eaten in Bord Bia’s Polytunnel and Kids’ Zone.
- It takes 14 days to clear the Bloom site.
- It took seven weeks to build Bloom.
Read more in the August issue…