Pot LuckDecorative pots and urns can act as focal points or statements in the home or garden and can reflect your personality, tastes and favourite colours!
The benefits of container gardening:
Grow colour, incredible edibles and fragrant plants in containers. If you’re not convinced about growing in pots and containers, here’s a list of reasons why you should get started right now no matter where you live:
- Versatile: Container gardens allow you to grow on a balcony, patio, courtyard, indoors on windowsills or rooms with adequate light, the deck of a boat, rooftop or high-rise building.
- More variety: You can grow plants that may not be suitable to grow in your garden soil and grow plants next to each other even though they may have different soil needs.
- Accessibility: Growing plants in containers makes gardening accessible to almost anyone including children, those with limited mobility and the elderly.
- No weeding: Due to the small surface area, it’s unlikely weed seeds will find their way into pots. No heavy garden tools and equipment: Saves your back and money with less maintenance.
- Mobility: Plants in pots can easily be moved to suit your needs or to a more suitable sunny or shady location during the day.
- Change your look: Easily vary your colour scheme. As each plant finishes flowering or fruiting, it can be replaced with another.
- Portable meals on wheels: Suitable for renters, edible gardens in pots can move house with you.
Read more in the August issue…